Heatherslaw Stoneground Wholemeal Flour is perfect for bread making, by hand or in bread machines. For a lighter loaf, mix up to 50% strong white flour with the wholemeal flour. Follow the recipe below or download and add to your recipe file.
1. Grease three 450g/1lb loaf tins
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl
3. Mix the yeast, sugar and approx 450ml/ ¾ pint of warm water in a small bowl
4. When the yeast mixture is frothing, mix it into the flour with enough of the reserved warm water to make a dough, but do not handle it too much or knead it
5. Leave it to rise for about forty minutes, then tip it out onto a floured board, weigh it and divide it into three greased tins, again without kneading it
6. Leave it to rise until it has doubled in size
7. Bake at 225C, 450F or gas mark 8 for about 45 minutes
Turn out of tin and tap the bottom of the bread. It should sound hollow. If not, put back in oven for a few more minutes.
Download attachment: Heatherslaw Wholemeal Bread