As lockdown restrictions are gradually eased and more people are coming out to enjoy the beautiful weather and our lovely estate we have been very disappointed by the disrespectful behaviour of a few of our visitors. This weekend there has been a huge problem with litter being left lying around and beside an already overflowing bin; cars parking irresponsibly at Etal river so that emergency vehicles, if needed, would not be able to access the area; disposable barbecues and fires buring the already scorched grass.
Please also note that at present ALL FACILITIES including public toilets remain closed.
We DO welcome visitors but ask that you PLEASE observe the countryside code and show respect for our lovely area and all the people who live, work and visit here. Please:
- Observe social distancing at all times
- Pick up your litter and take it home with you
- Do not leave inflatables in the river - take them home
- keep dogs on leads and pick up their poo
- DO NOT have barbecues and fires - there is a huge risk of wildfires starting because everything is so dry
- Park with consideration - where possible use the designated car parks (e.g. beside Etal Castle or Etal Village Hall)