St Michael and all Angels, Ford
Located in the grounds of Ford Castle, parts of this historic border church date back to the 13th Century. Six medieval grave slabs or parts of slabs are set in the floor at the west end of the nave located in the church. Restoration of the church took place in 19th Century by William Dobson. Service details can be found here.
St Mary the Virgin, Etal
This small but beautiful Victorian church was designed by William Butterfield, a leading architect of the time. Lady Fitzclarence, who once lived in Etal Manor, built St Mary’s in honour of her husband and daughter, who both died within two years of each other, and also to house the family tomb. Information about the family is displayed in the church. Service details can be found here.
St Paul's, Branxton
Originally built in the 12th Century, St Pauls is believed to have been used as a temporary mortuary for James IV body to be laid after the Battle of Flodden as well as a place to bury the English casualties of the Battle.
The church is a Grade II Listed building and the oldest element of this church, dating back to the 12th Century, is the Chancel arch. Extensive renovations took place in 1849 when most of the church was rebuilt. Service details can be found here.
Crookham United Reformed Church hosts regular worship and is also the home of the The Flodden Peace Centre and Garden. The Peace Centre is the Church's response to the 500th anniversary commemoration of the Battle of Flodden, and has a focus on peace and reconciliation in the world today. The Garden is fully accessible to all, 24/7, and is free. The Centre is also developing work with schools north and south of the border, a speaker programme, and a variety of events inspired by the themes of peace and reconciliation in the 21st Century. Service details can be found here.